Brief introduction About Fortis Escorts Heart Institute
It is one of the best hospitals for Cardiac care for adults and children that had celebrated 25 years of Cardiac excellence. Winner of the 'Best Institution Award' by Delhi Medical Association (2013), 'Best Heart Care Centre in North India' at the Global Healthcare Excellence Awards 2013 and 'Best Single Specialty Hospital – Cardiology' at India Healthcare Awards 2012. Fortis Escorts is the largest private cardiac hospital in Asia Pacific region, it was established in 1988 and is JCI accredited. Fortis Escorts Heart Alert Service that has revolutionized the cardiac care in India by providing an expert ECG interpretation over telephone within minutes of any chest complaint/symptoms. It offers other services such as Radio Imaging, Neurology, Nuclear Medicine and Physiotherapy. It also Launched Community Outreach Programs through which free cardiac check-up camps are organized in India and in its neighbouring countries.
Consultant and Doctors Specialities
- Pioneer in the field of fully dedicated cardiac care in India.
- The hospital has 200 cardiac specialists and 1,600 support staff on board who work together to cater to 14,500 admissions and 7,200 emergency cases annually.
- Only cardiac hospital in India to have a dedicated Paediatric Department with a specialized, highly trained multi disciplinary team of Paediatric Cardiologists, Paediatric Surgeons, Anaesthesiologists and Paediatric Intensivists.
- Dr. Ashok Seth, Chairman of Cardiac Sciences in Fortis Escorts, is one of the most recognized and respected Indian Cardiologist across the globe.
- First to perform the Multi-layered Flow Modulator Surgery in Asia Pacific.
- Professionally trained nurses serve patients with compassion, respect and integrity.
Centre of Excellence
- Cardiac Surgery
- Paediatric cardiology
- Bone & joint institute
- Liver & digestive diseases institute
- Kidney and urology institute
- Paediatric Cardiac surgery
- Blood bank
- Nuclear medicine
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Facilities and infrastructure
- With an area spread over 15 acres, the hospital houses 710 beds.
- Maximum number of ICU Beds in a Private Hospital in India.
- 6 bed dedicated to the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit with stringent infection control practices.
- It has the largest Sleep Lab in Asia and is one of the largest Dialysis Units in India.
- 64-Slice Scan with data acquisition that provides the highest temporal resolution.
- One of the few hospitals to be equipped with Da Vinci Robotics Surgery System.
- In South Asia, Spect-CT & Pet-CT had their first installation in Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in India.
- Technologies like PET- MR, PET-CT, BrainLab Navigation System, Portable CT Scanner, NovalisTx, Tilting MRI, Cobalt based HDR Brachytherapy, DSA Lab, Hyperbaric Chamber, Fibroscan, Endosonography, 3 Tesla MRI, 128 Slice CT scanner are all installed in the hospital.
- The Cancer Institute is equipped with advanced Radiation Oncology Centre with NovalisTx, ClinaciX and HDR-Brachytherapy.
- Wifi is accessible across the campus.
Hospital location and address
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, Delhi Mathura Road
New Delhi Delhi 110076
- Distance: 21 km
- Duration: 45 Minutes
- Distance: 50 meters
- Duration: 1 minutes walk